- A Cooperative and a Group
- Working for agricultural progress
- Acting responsibly
All French sites will benefit from this supply, especially those in the Jacquet Brossard BU, which consumes the most electricity. This production will cover up to 11% of their power consumption by 2024.
This 3-year commitment is part of a contract called PPA (Power Purchase Agreement), which directly links the electricity produced by a renewable energy producer (wind, solar, hydroelectric) and the electricity a customer consumes, for delivery over a given period of time at a price determined on the date of the contract.
Negotiated by the Group purchasing coordination department, this supply contract allows Limagrain to:
- Ensure better visibility of its supply and lock-in rates in a very volatile energy market,
- Continue to diversify its energy mix by supplementing its sources of renewable energy (representing 7% of the Group’s energy consumption in 2020-2021),
- Extend its commitments to help with the revitalization of the region by getting its supply from Moselle (windfarm in Bambiderstroff - Longeville-lès-Saint-Avold).
Limagrain is among the first French companies to have signed this type of innovative contract, which balances economic performance and energy transition.